Unknown disease

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaidonni

Aquarium Advice Regular
Water stats:
Ammonia - 0ppm
Nitrites - 0ppm
Nitrates - 10-20ppm
pH - ~7.5

See this thread for further information: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...nd-the-use-of-levacide-injectible-300679.html

In preparing to re-home a Clown Loach from an aquarium that is unsuitable for him (due to the size of the aquarium), I'm running into significant issues. Rapid gilling, lethargy, loss of appetite, no other symptoms.

Just making observations, trying not to jump to conclusions. A number of WCMM are showing similar faeces of the stringy/clear/dotted with normal-looking faecal matter kind - sometimes almost completely normal looking. I previously fed only flake food, but have progressed on to de-shelled pea and also live food. I believe it is more to do with feeding every other day and a questionable diet (I never paid much attention to the faeces until a few weeks ago).

The Clown Loach started exhibiting his abnormal behaviour on Sunday. He ate on Friday evening (28th) when I fed, but on Sunday (30th) I believed he was out of whack with the hour going forward - especially compared with when I prepared and fed pea (usually earlier than the flake food), that being a further hour earlier than normal. Since then, he has hardly left his fortress of solitude, and even did a little bit of shimmying (he did stop soon after, but it concerned me that he did it at all). He's inactive and not interested in feeding time, (I did knock the castle on Saturday during a water change and trying to get the gravel vac between it and the heater, but I do not think this had anything to do with it). I've also noticed some darting with the WCMMs, although they are as active as ever and have quite the appetite.

Previous water changes were the 29th (10.5l), 1st (10.5l) and 2nd (~4l). The tank theoretically holds 50l, but at the moment is closer to 44-45l. I am in the process of re-homing, but after previous mysterious deaths (refer to the thread I linked to at the top of the post - other information in there), that has been slow-going. Another Clown Loach died of wasting and secondary infections three weeks ago after a long battle to diagnose and treat (treated for secondary infections, but the primary issue was completely ambiguous, only wasting; until secondary infections set in there were absolutely no obvious signs of any specific bacterial infection or parasite, and I did extensive research on symptoms).

Internal bacteria, parasites, what?

I have eSHa 2000, levacide for camallanus worms, am going to pick up eSHa Exit in case of Velvet (no flashing or rubbing against objects, though). I considered Interpet Anti-Bacterial #9, Myxazin, et al, but the internet is awash with that much information, there are that many products, and the symptoms are that ambiguous, that it's information overload...

With the symptoms you describe and the use of live food, I would suggest intestinal worms, so hopefull, the Camallanus treatment will help.

50L? .....that's a 15 gal?

You should probly rehome the little guy, he's small now....but they get pretty big... although it does take a while

Im pretty sure they're pretty picky fish too, i believe they require somewhat faster moving water and excellent water conditions

Id consider rehoming....

A diet change has appeared to rectify the current issues *touch wood*, and I am in the process of finding a new home for the Clown Loach.

Back
Top Bottom