unlevel tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harriet

Aquarium Advice Regular
i set up my tank and filled it with water just to realise it’s not level but it is the floor as i checked that too it’s not a great deal the water is just half a cm lower at the back than it is at the front i’ve added a picture of the level with a spirit level and wondering if i should empty some water and shim the front to prevent against cracks, is it likely that it will break or no? also a added a picture of the water difference that you can see by eye the front is perfectly level it’s just the width that isn’t just don’t wanna risk water going everywhere

Attachments

• 1E7D8085-F14F-4044-8F7D-BA6D35455586.jpg
    1E7D8085-F14F-4044-8F7D-BA6D35455586.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 20
  • 331D44F2-C4EE-448E-830F-69187301260C.jpg
    331D44F2-C4EE-448E-830F-69187301260C.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 31
None of mine are level, old house, haha! I don't usually worry if it's still in the bubble lines. I read where if it's not very off its not a big deal. And that it's way better if the tank is level flat on the base. Not higher at one end or corner where the frame is torqued. That's sure failure. I've been using mine for years off like your showing with no issues. That's ime of course

Thanks for replying i read a lot of threads about tanks being unlevel all seemed to have varying answers but most were way more off level than mine i can barely even see a difference with my eyes but i measured to make sure cause i thought i was going crazy and it’s exactly half a cm i’m definitely worrying less about water going all over the floor now you’ve been so much help thanks for replying to all my threads lol

Back
Top Bottom