Up and running!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redfisher1139

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well, my new 30 gallon is finally up and running (and cycled). I was so thrilled to be able to undo my newbie mistakes of overcrowding, and spread my fish out. I originally had two 10 gallon tanks, 1 of which was severly overcrowded (it had 3 guppies, 3 bloodfin tetras, 2 longfin zebra danios, 1 golden danio, 1 sisortail rasbora, 1 albino rainbow shark, 2 african dwarf frogs, 1 golden algea eater, 1 panda cory, 5 ghost shrimp, and 1 bamboo shrimp.). After moving everyone over to the new tank, things seem a lot better now, and my 2 eclipse catfish from the other 10 gallon are a lot more active and exploratory now. The other tank had 2 eclipse catfish, 1 rainbow shark, 2 angelicus botia loaches, and 1 peacock eel. It's kind of cool that the "minnow gang" hang out and school together (danios, guppies, tetras). When I get a background and some more plants, I will post some pics!!

I'd agree that you're definitely overstocked. The algae eater, eclipse catfish, and eel will definitely get too big for your tank. The sharks and the loaches may not get along in a 30g either. There's not enough room for all those fish on the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom