Update- Everything in but protein skimmer issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prissysmom

Aquarium Advice Regular
whew! What a hectic 24 hours! I got the SW from my LFS and I have in the tank my heaters, LR and powerheads. I did move the tank from the window as far as I could.

I am having an issue with my protein skimmer. The directions are not user friendly. Mainly I am having an issue getting the pump attached.

I have an Eshopps PSK-100H hang on skimmer. (see below) Can anyone tell me why this piece does not fit? There is no phone number and their website doesn't have one either.

I do have a rena Filstart XP canister filter. Can I use that instead of the protein skimmer?

Attachments

• IMG_2907.jpg
    IMG_2907.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2909.jpg
    IMG_2909.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_2908.jpg
    IMG_2908.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2910.jpg
    IMG_2910.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 61
Just guessing since I'm not familiar with that skimmer, but...

It looks like it'd fit if you:

1. Unscrew that lower elbow
2. Reconnect the pump outlet (the part with the orange o-ring on it) to the pump body, and then
3. Simultaneously screw the upper and lower fittings onto both ends of the pump assembly

I think maybe I'm missing what the problem is, but it looks like if you did that, it'd fit.

Cannister filters and protein skimmers do two totally different things - one can't substitute for the other.

I think you'll be much happier down the road with where the tank is sitting, versus right in front of that window.

So that skimmer is a hang-on-back unit? You did leave enough room between the wall and the tank for it... right? Maybe it's just the angle of the picture, but there sure doesn't seem like much room back there...

yeahh ^^ nice start.
I got 3 new fishes today~

can't wait to see your tank get some more color ^^

Are you going to use any substrate or just a bare bottom? If you are going to use sand I would go ahead and put it in.

I thought I was supposed to wait on the sand? If not heck I'll get that in tomorrow! I'm also putting the paper on the back too.

Do I need to get the raw shrimp or is it necessary since I've had die off from my LR

I thought I was supposed to wait on the sand? If not heck I'll get that in tomorrow! I'm also putting the paper on the back too.

Do I need to get the raw shrimp or is it necessary since I've had die off from my LR

The sand can go in now. I would probably use a shrimp anyway to make sure you establish a nice strong bacteria colony. Think about painting the back with acrylic paint instead of paper. there are alot more color options. black out window tint works well too.

Back
Top Bottom