Update on the hair algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Monroe10

Aquarium Advice Freak
So after about a month of doing water changes with rodi water it looks like the hair is starting to dissipate. Lets hope!

Right on. If I remember correctly your we're using tap right? Or was that another thread. Lol great news. :)

Yup that was me lol, I get my water from a gas station by me, I know it sounds shady but I read up on it, nothing added, goes through RODI, carbon ,UV,and something else just can't remember and it only 1.50 for 5 gal. I know it's not the best but I'm a poor college kid and that's what I can afford. :)

Hey I used to get mine from Sobeys. Same deal worked great for me. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. It's amazing the difference it makes just from the water you use. Glad to hear its getting better. :)

Ya it is hahaha, just got to keep doing it till all the hair goes away. Is this a common problem?

I think it is fairly common when using tap water to have algae issues. A lot if the time tap water is filled with phosphate which is a major contibutor to algae. Not to mention all the other chemicals they put in treated water nowadays.

Well it's not treated water it's from a well but still .

Back
Top Bottom