update...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

inspire0522

Aquarium Advice Regular
hey everyone.. just thought i would post a picture of my tank in progress.. please keep in mind everything you see was a DIY... stand, canopy, MH light and the tank itself... next is the refugium... hope it all holds together haha... oh yeah RO/DI is on its way.. so no water yet!

Attachments

• aquarium_028_128.jpg
    aquarium_028_128.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 46
  • aquarium_027_178.jpg
    aquarium_027_178.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 36
lol yeah i cant wait for the water! just ordered my skimmer and maxi jets.. should i run them right off the start, or wait a day or two?

hey bamaboy2go, thats 70p of rock.. i got the tank from a garage sell for $5!! hehe but the bottom was cracked so i replaced it for $30.. took a few hours to strip off all the silicone and another few hours to reconstruct it. the wood for the stand and canopy ran me another 50 or 60 dollars...

if anyone out there is thinking of DIY MH light.. do it!! really easy ( spent $140 for the ballast and light ) this is the link http://aquarium.union.rpi.edu/articles/DIY_MH.html
i went with a 15k MH... with a slightly better ballast from Advance.. got the parts from HelloLights.com

Back
Top Bottom