Upgrade Time (125 gal Freshwater to Saltwater)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I added some immediately, and lost some of them. Once they get past 6 months it seems they are better "seasoned" for most corals. That's just my opinion and experience.

Nows the time .., start with either LPS or softies and eventually to the sps... as always , start a little slowly and build up a little momentum

You can technically add corals right after a cycle is complete, though I wouldn't be adding anything sensitive and not hardy until the 6 month mark like one would think as an anemone.

Well think of things like SPS just like an anemone then. Corals have an extremely low bioload and you can fill a tank to the brim right off the bat if someone was so inclined...though I don't see that as economically friendly due to a small bump in the road, which all tanks do as they mature, could kill everything off.

I have frog spawn, a couple of torches, hammers, a green leather that I'm going ymto start with. Each week I will add some more. Here is a list of what I have in addition to what I mentioned already.

Several zoanthids
Mushrooms
Green star polyps
Leather toadstools
Kenya tree
Some acropora
Acans
Gorgonians
Clove polyps
Duncan
Candy cane
Favia

I think that's it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I have my apex controller setup now. Thanks to Travis from Fishofhex on youtube. Very nice guy. All is going good and getting better all the time.

Just read this entire thread from start to finish. What a journey this has been! Nice job!

+1 Agreed, you are doing well. For me too, to see how it is all going as well, it is fun to watch the developments. Thanks for sharing the fun with us!

Barb ,...on a saltwater setup you're prob going to want to lose the glass oanels,....the smaller egg crate looks nice [emoji106]

I only have it on that one side because it stots the water from splashing up on the thermostat. I need to see about getting the thermostat move just haven't had time to look into it.

Back
Top Bottom