Upgrade?- Topfin 3.5 gal Enchant or Bettaflo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MKeys, could you describe the black aquarium paper a bit further? Is it meant for submersible use? I've never heard of that. I would think it would leach into the water, no? Also, how did you adhere it to the filtration column? It looks really cool, and your Betta is gorgeous! I have the same tank and would love to camouflage that column. Thanks for any info!

Sctjn, I have the same tank and so far (fingers crossed) have not lost any LEDs. But I don't like how much condensation gathers on them. They're practically in the water! I keep the feeding hatch opened at an angle 24/7 to release some condensation and heat, which really builds up in there (angled to make it impossible for my Betta to jump through it).

I was considering making a customized lid with a glass top, so that I could see through from the top view, since I don't get to see my fish when he goes behind the filtration column. Maybe something with drilled holes for aeration and to release condensation... Then I would just get a clip-on grow light. We'll see...

in the meantime, check out this LED product: TrueLumen lunar LED Lighting System | That Fish Place
I just ordered 2 sets of blue and the power transformer, because the Bettaflo tank doesn't have any blue light, which is what makes the fish's colors pop. Not sure yet how I'm gonna secure them under the plastic lid. I think I'll glue wood strips as an interface material to the plastic lid and then screw the lights into the wood. I'll let you know how it goes!

Back
Top Bottom