Upgrading Tank with Sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shejmnz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Can you please help me decide what equipment to buy like return pump, wavemaker, skimmer, media reactor, lights including its specifications/ capacity?
My tank details;
72 x 20 x 22” Display Tank
42 x 16 x 18” Sump tank
With around total head of 17 to 18 ft
Prefer to utilize return pump for a couple of media reactor, ATO and auto dosing
Prefer submerged DC pump
Thank you in advance.
IMG_0989.JPG
IMG_0991.JPG

You’d want a return pump rated at higher than what your overflow is rated at. That way you can have a gate valve plumbed in after the pump so you can match them up perfectly. Mag pumps would probably fit your bill.
As for ato, I like my old jbj unit. I had a toms Aqua lifter on it.
As for dosing, I don’t advocate any dosing until one has a system up and running and can identify a reason to dose when weekly water changes aren’t keeping up.

Thank you, i would appreciate should you specify brand and capacity. I am thinking of vectra, varios and jebao for the return pump

I run jeboas .
Get the biggest 15,000 . They are about as quiet as pumps get IMO.
If it is too much [ I don't think it will be] you can dial it down easily and save electricity also.. I run the 12,000 that is 3-5 years on my 180 from the basement to my living room above it and in my 120 running a little lower then full ,just by choice . The 120 has 2 mega overflows so can handle the 12,000 full blast no problem . The DC pumps transfer less heat to the tank also.
From what I see the Jeboas are like 1/4 - 1/2 price of the vectra pumps so I just bought 2 of them in case...The jeboas ARE the cheap Chinese knock off for sure.But all mine still run..

THAT'S A NICE SET UP !:cool:

Back
Top Bottom