Upgrading tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gemach7

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Within the next week will be upgrading my 15g to a 20g long.
Currently using a sump with a coralife protein skimmer, chaeto and purigen. There is 20lb of Rock and 20lb of sand. Tank has been setup since last April or so.
Nitrates are undetectable, might increase physical filtration to reduce TDS a touch though.

Live stock is 1 o. Clown and a purple fire fish.

Question is, I have upgraded freshwater tanks before but not salt.
Would this be as simple as draining the water keeping fish in a bucket.

And moving everything to the new tank? Will still be running on the same sump. And will probably upgrade the weaker of the 2 circulating pumps to help move the water with the increased length.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Moving tanks is the same no matter what kind of water. Just be careful of the sand. Moving it stirs up all kinds of garbage and can bring parameter issues from the original tank.

Moving tanks is the same no matter what kind of water. Just be careful of the sand. Moving it stirs up all kinds of garbage and can bring parameter issues from the original tank.

Thanks,
Hopefully isn't too bad it gets stirred a little bit about once a month while I'm scraping the little bits of coralline that appear on the glass. Can always run a spare filter for my 55 gallon on it with a fine sponge in it only while its settling to help get any crap that enters the water column out.

Swap done, fish fine. Fire fish tried to escape from the bucket but is fine.

Keeping lights off main to reduce stress from the transition. Will post pictures once back on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom