Upgrading to bigger tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaynick1218

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 10 gal and am getting a 20 gal. How do I move my fish over. I am going use the same filter. Can I use the same water and add the difference?

I would just move the filter over run it for 2-3 days and I would move over all substrate and decoration to and then move fish over don't use old water it won't really help I don't think.

Also what type of fish do you plan on having

Not sure. I have 2 kissing gourami, 2 black neon tetra and a red platy. The tank is for my 2 yo son to look at. Any suggestion on colorful fish that will catch his eye?

Moving the water is pointless. Just set up the new tank, fill it with treated and temp matched water, move the filter and fish. Running a filter on an empty tank does no good.

kaynick1218 said:
Not sure. I have 2 kissing gourami, 2 black neon tetra and a red platy. The tank is for my 2 yo son to look at. Any suggestion on colorful fish that will catch his eye?

I hope you realize that your neons need a school of six and the gouramis get over a foot long and need 55 or more gallons

i have just guppies in my tanks and my 2 year old daughter just loves them to the point every day she has to say "Good morning fishy." and " Good night fishy"

Back
Top Bottom