Urchins and Skimmers.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hypostomus

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is the Remora the quietest of the small skimmers? The tank is sort of in the dining room area, which is why I'm asking.. =)

Also, what urchins are similar to the blue tuxedo (Mespila globulus) as far as care requirements go (or lack of ;))? I saw some on Aquabid the other day called purple pincushion urchins, but they didn't give a scientific name..

Do I have to worry about urchins "picking up" my clean-up crew? I saw a picture of one carrying around a snail shell.

I LOVE my tux !
HE's amazing, 0 care.. .
He hops from rock to rock !
As for the skimmer, I'll let you know in a few hours how quiet it is ! Mine is "out for delivery"
tux1.jpg

No worries with the Urchins, I have 2 pincushions (see gallery for my purple) a longspine and a Blue Tux. All are self sufficient for the most part and do not bother a thing. Their "pick up" habit is quite comical at times. They think they are hiding. :)

LOL, yeah, I saw yours with the nori clip. That's hilarious! :lol:

I really like tuxes, but I was just wondering about the other ones too. Thanks for the help on that. :D

Yeah. I meant "yours" like "your urchin," not "your tux." :)

Back
Top Bottom