Urgent help needed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lomeli562

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a pictus catfish that was in a tropical community tank that contracted ich I was treating with marineland ich remedy but it seems the medication has poisoned him I moved him to a 5 gal bucket with an air stone for the time being the water is dechlorinated and clean. He swims irradically and at times looses his balance and floats in the current. Any idea what else I may be able to do or how long it may take for him to improve? I will be doing a 40 percent waterchange to the main tank before reintroducing and I will not be medicating any more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Treating ick with scaleless fish is risky. It can cause large amounts of stress for cats.
Turning the water temp up and using aquarium salt can help kill the ick. Ick is only susceptible to treatments when it's off the fish. 2 teaspoons for one gallon of water. If the cat dosent have the spots it's a good idea to do HALF the required dosage of blue.
Some more research should also be done for treating ick in catfish
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I realized to late we lost him yesterday morning :/ thank yiu for the help though i greatly appreciate it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom