URGENT!: Just introduced Rose Queen to Red Devil/Rose/Flowerhorn Hybrid.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Turning of the lights will reduce stress.

Thank you, just did. Need to decide on either bigger tank to have both, or which one to give back to store or someone who wants it.

What would you do, being that the pink one is so beautiful, and the other one just as beautiful in it's own class.

Konstandino:hide:

Thank you, just did. Need to decide on either bigger tank to have both, or which one to give back to store or someone who wants it.

What would you do, being that the pink one is so beautiful, and the other one just as beautiful in it's own class.

Konstandino:hide:

Money wise and the least stressful option is to give up one and get a bigger tank.

Or you could give them both up and try doing some small communities instead.

Fish tank advice/suggestions

Browsing online and finding the 75gallon tanks are so extremely expensive. What is a good place to look for a decent price?

And is a bowfront tank okay? Esthetically, it looks beautiful. Is it healthy for cichlids though?

Thanks again everyone!

Money wise and the least stressful option is to give up one and get a bigger tank.

Or you could give them both up and try doing some small communities instead.

I totally understand your point and it's very valid. The thing is, I've fallin in love w/ the breed. They are just magical, there is something so psychically intelligent about them. They almost sense what your doing, your intention, when you'll feed them and just overall amazing intelligent fish.

But after spending 100 bucks on that stupid 20 gallon tank, it's frustrating. Where can I find a beautiful 55-75g tank that will be affordable. Looking online the prices are $400 and above. Kinda crazy!

Will they calm down w/ a bigger tank I guess is my question, because that the pink one looks injured a bit on left fin, and I'm wondering if the orange devil did it to her.

Bottom line, it's the aggression level of that Red Devil/Midus/Hybrid that is in question here. It's quite extreme. He ate the bottom feeder in my old tank after it was in there for like 3 months. I don't know what this beast is capable of. Hence it's name. It totally suites it's behavior! :eek:

Konstandino :banghead:

Cichlid tank question and fish options

Can't seem to go to sleep, too excited over this Cichlid drama, but I am now thinking of another question. It seems that one must think into the future as far as Tank size and types of Cichlids that can live together.

I know I am asking for extreme details, but as much info as possible would be extremely helpful! :D

Moving forward, let's say I purchase the 75gallon or at least something between 55 and 75 depending on how much it will cost. How many Cichlids and live together healthfully in there, or course keeping their character to less aggressive and not Red Devil Category. :facepalm: I know everything depends on size of fish, type of fish, character level etc.

What is the next level after 75, without going all the way to 155g, because I'd need a second mortgage for that! :hide:

What is the Cichlid to Tank Ratio? Just a general Idea? Obviously keeping their characters to medium or low aggression. Unless I choose all aggressive breeds which will drive me insane. As I've only had experience w/ a Red Devil/Midus hybrid and (so far) a seemingly calm Rose Queen - (Until she gets a bit bigger)

Lord, what a loaded question, but I just want to eventually have a beautiful tank with many different kinds and colors. What is the most intelligent way to do this?

55gallon: Out of question unless 1 or 2
75gallon: 2-4 Cichs?
100gallon: 4-6?

Can a Rose Queen cohabitate w/ most Cichs? Or will I again be limited to one fish in a tank. I've seen Youtube videos where several aggressive fish are in tanks w/ less aggressive fish.

Is the size of the fish the main issue? Is it buying them all at once so there is no territory craziness? Tank size obviously. If you have a Red Devil or Rose Queen are you basically screwed? LOL :banghead:

It seems like they are ostracized for their aggression and issues.

Please Help!

Konstandino :fish2:

URGENT: To get rid of Red Devil/or Rose Queen. Need Advice.

In continuation w/ the Red Devil/Rose Queen Drama. Which fish as experts would you return to the store or give to someone? From my research is seems like The Red Devil can only be alone in a very large tank, and from my experience living w/ it it's extremely aggressive.

I understand the RoseQueen is also but I would assume it will tolerate other Cichlids as it seems less aggressive. The Red Devil was extremely aggressive even as a baby. The RoseQueen I just purchased. Again, what do you guys think? This has become a stressful situation as I've had to separate the fish.

The Red Devil would not leave the Rose alone to the point where she played dead and squeezed herself in the corner.

First Pic: Rose Queen Hiding, Red Devil on the hunt
Second Pic: Again, constantly hounding her..
Third Pic: Close up of Red Devil
Fourth Pic: RoseQueen after removing Red Devil

Please Advise as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_3057.jpg
    IMG_3057.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_3062.jpg
    IMG_3062.jpg
    252.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2994-1.jpg
    IMG_2994-1.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_3064.jpg
    IMG_3064.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 73
Again, I've been told these are all hybrids, but judging from the look of them there is a huge difference. I've had the Red Devil since he was a baby and was always super aggressive and displayed the hump, huge lips, territory monster. Even ate/killed a bottom feeder after the feeder was in there for a few months.

The other Rose/either or hybrid has very different characteristics.

Can't seem to go to sleep, too excited over this Cichlid drama, but I am now thinking of another question. It seems that one must think into the future as far as Tank size and types of Cichlids that can live together. I know I am asking for extreme details, but as much info as possible would be extremely helpful! :D Moving forward, let's say I purchase the 75gallon or at least something between 55 and 75 depending on how much it will cost. How many Cichlids and live together healthfully in there, or course keeping their character to less aggressive and not Red Devil Category. :facepalm: I know everything depends on size of fish, type of fish, character level etc. What is the next level after 75, without going all the way to 155g, because I'd need a second mortgage for that! :hide: What is the Cichlid to Tank Ratio? Just a general Idea? Obviously keeping their characters to medium or low aggression. Unless I choose all aggressive breeds which will drive me insane. As I've only had experience w/ a Red Devil/Midus hybrid and (so far) a seemingly calm Rose Queen - (Until she gets a bit bigger) Lord, what a loaded question, but I just want to eventually have a beautiful tank with many different kinds and colors. What is the most intelligent way to do this? 55gallon: Out of question unless 1 or 2 75gallon: 2-4 Cichs? 100gallon: 4-6? Can a Rose Queen cohabitate w/ most Cichs? Or will I again be limited to one fish in a tank. I've seen Youtube videos where several aggressive fish are in tanks w/ less aggressive fish. Is the size of the fish the main issue? Is it buying them all at once so there is no territory craziness? Tank size obviously. If you have a Red Devil or Rose Queen are you basically screwed? LOL :banghead: It seems like they are ostracized for their aggression and issues. Please Help! Konstandino :fish2:

In a 75g tank if you keep the red devil/midas you might be able to get one other fish like a salvini or convicts. Something smaller. The midevil will get to around 12-14" and hyper aggressive

I would rehome both of them as you don't currently have the proper tank size to accommodate either.

Thank you I agree. I will be getting a larger tank by the end of the week. I'm thinking of keeping the RoseQueen - she seems calmer less aggressive and is more active today.

The RedDevil needs a huge Tank and a very exact similar breed, if not another fish at all.

Video of RoseQueen Scoping things after Red Devil Seperation

Video of RoseQueen Scoping things after Red Devil Seperation

A Bigger Tank is yet to come within a week. If Anyone wants a 20 gallon tank let me know perhaps for a larger one? Are we aloud to do that on this forum?

Let me know what you think of the video. It seems his scales are a bit roughed up and fins look jagged from being stuck in fish tank at store of 8 other fish. I hope she/he will heal and slowly I will get a 75gallon tank at least.

Thanks.

In a 75g tank if you keep the red devil/midas you might be able to get one other fish like a salvini or convicts. Something smaller. The midevil will get to around 12-14" and hyper aggressive

That's exactly what I don't want. I want a semi peaceful tank. It seems like this fish will bully everything in site. So out w/ the Red/Midevil, and sticking to RoseQueen/Hybrid I guess for now.

Bigger Tank to come as soon as possible.

Thank you for your opinions, they truly matter.

I found this on another site. Im not sure if you are aware of this but it sais that the Rosequeen are typically the "leftovers" when flowerhorn breeders breed midas x synspila or melanarus to get blood parrots. When you mix genes you get a percentage of fry that look very different from other fry. So this tells me that it will be aggressive also.

RoseQueen not doing well it seems - Need advice.

Here is an update:

I'm noticing over the last 3 days that she's developed this black coloring/tinge on her fins. Is this normal, because I remember the other red devil I had went through a similar faze where he developed this black scaling and then within a week he shed everything and changed colors.

I'm doing a 50% water change every 2-3 three days as you guys suggested. The water temp fluctuates between 80-82 degrees.

She also has very strange eating habits. She will eat flakes. Eats krill and regurgitates is two or three times doesn't swallow. Same w/ pellets... will keep eating and throwing it up repeatedly until it's mush and crumbles in the tank.

She acts very erratic when approached in the tank sometimes. Seems fearful and tries to hide whereas the other red devil could not wait for me to feed him and would jump at the pellets and shake his head back and forth at me when he was hungry.

I don't get it, is she ill? Is this normal? I put some stress coat formula w/ the water change to help her.

Sigh. Someone give me hope! :hide:

Attachments

• IMG_3152.jpg
    IMG_3152.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_3154.jpg
    IMG_3154.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_3155.jpg
    IMG_3155.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_3156.jpg
    IMG_3156.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 70
Here is an update:

I'm noticing over the last 3 days that she's developed this black coloring/tinge on her fins. Is this normal, because I remember the other red devil I had went through a similar faze where he developed this black scaling and then within a week he shed everything and changed colors.

I'm doing a 50% water change every 2-3 three days as you guys suggested. The water temp fluctuates between 80-82 degrees.

She also has very strange eating habits. She will eat flakes. Eats krill and regurgitates is two or three times doesn't swallow. Same w/ pellets... will keep eating and throwing it up repeatedly until it's mush and crumbles in the tank.

She acts very erratic when approached in the tank sometimes. Seems fearful and tries to hide whereas the other red devil could not wait for me to feed him and would jump at the pellets and shake his head back and forth at me when he was hungry.

I don't get it, is she ill? Is this normal? I put some stress coat formula w/ the water change to help her.

Sigh. Someone give me hope! :hide:

What are the current tank sizes and stocking?

What are the current tank sizes and stocking?

Its a 20 gallon Tank, yes I know it should be larger and I'm making every effort to get a bigger one soon. I wholeheartedly agree.

by stockings I'm assuming items in Tank?

I have a QuietFlow™ 10 100GPH Aqueon Filter
A 100 Watt Auto heater
Some Black Gravel (COULD IT BE THAT?)
Various Rocks/Stones/Marbles

She seems to be very picky about whats inside the tank. I had a metal vase in there last week which i removed because I wasn't sure if it was okay for her.

As of right now, it's mostly rocks and gravel. She tears down every plant I put in there.

I hope that is what you mean by stocking. I'll be more specific, if you need more details.

I noticed tonight that she's eating a bit more, after the water change.
I'm hoping that nothing contaminated the water in some way. I did notice the heater went up to 84 degrees 2 days ago, and I had to adjust it, so it now floats between 80-82 degrees.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Back
Top Bottom