Using Ocean Water To Cure LR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BBReef

Aquarium Advice Freak
What do you guys think? I live pretty close to the beach here in So Cal and would probably be cheaper to get water from the ocean to do vigerous water changes. would using it be ok just to cure LR. i dont want to risk it in my main tank, but as long as i heat it and skim and such for curing, it should be ok, right?

Provided it was collected in an area free of pollution (preferably a few miles out) it should be fine. I have read on thses forums there is a public aquarium that has a seawater tap that they allow hobbyest to get free seawater..Scripps?? maybe?

I was out in Boise Idaho last week for business and went to Idaho Saltwater Emporium. All of their tanks are set up w/ Pacific Ocean water. They sell it for $2.00 a gallon and its shipped in by tractor trailor. I thought that was kind of interesting.

Go to www.idahosaltwateremporium.com

All of their tanks are set up w/ Pacific Ocean water.
I live in So. Cal as well and get sea water from the LFS for $0.75 per gal/ This water is pumped up from 300ft deef off Catalina Island. I've never mixed my water. It's a nice luxury, one of many living in So. Cal. as well.

what LFS is this? i havn't seen it yet. im going down to scripps in a couple of weeks. ill have to see if they probvide water as well.

Back
Top Bottom