Vacuuming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jodibug

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Do you vacuum your gravel every time you change water? I'm planning on weekly 25% water changes once my tank is stocked but wondering if it's necessary to vacuum every time. At full stocking I'll have in a 29 gallon tank 5 ghost catfish 5 fancy skirt tetra 1 dwarf gourami (Wondering what else, if anything, I could add, but I'll start a new thread for that).

I vacuum every time, but that could just be me. I've always heard its best take water from the bottom and I find this to be the easiest way.

Depends if your doing live plants. If you are not, you could skip a week with the gravel vac. If you are, only do it when there is build up as fish waste will act like a fertilizer for plants.

I have a messy Pleco so I vacuum every weekend when I do a WC. I do 9gallon which is about 50% by using a 5 gallon bucket and a 4 gallon bucket. I just keep vacuuming til they are full LOL

No live plants yet, but even doing it every weekend there always seems to be a bit left in the gravel

Back
Top Bottom