Valentini Puffer ( Toby )

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gfive131

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Trying to get rid of my Toby. Only because he's terrorizing the other fish in my tank. Local fish store won't take him any ideas. Current stock 3 chromis, 1 clown, 1 Toby and 1 spot band butterfly.

Try selling him on craigslist. Research before you buy something or this sort of thing will happen again.

I posted him on Craigslist and no luck. I did do some research and the fish I bought were suppose to be compatible but there's always that chance that they might not. The only ones that he terrorized are the clowns. Had twin now I have one. ?

An example is that damsels are compatible with most fish, but are very aggressive. It's not chance, it's their behavior to be territorial. Maybe give the other fish away and get a dwarf lion or some small predator depending on what size tank it is. Always the possibility of getting another tank and put the other fish in it.

Gfive131 said:
Trying to get rid of my Toby. Only because he's terrorizing the other fish in my tank. Local fish store won't take him any ideas. Current stock 3 chromis, 1 clown, 1 Toby and 1 spot band butterfly.

Try calling a different LFS and see if they will take him. The one you bought it from may not but another might. Also, a lot of cities have a local aquarist forum. Look to see if you do and post that its "free"...people love free stuff! LOL!

I thought of getting rid of my Valentini before, due to his fin nipping. It's hard to get rid of him because my son picked him out. But I know if I wanted to that one of my LFS employees said he would take him! I joke and look at it as: he's the smallest in the aggressive tank, so he just has "small fish syndrome". Lol and for anyone new to saltwater, no it's not a real syndrome!

Elude82 said:
I thought of getting rid of my Valentini before, due to his fin nipping. It's hard to get rid of him because my son picked him out. But I know if I wanted to that one of my LFS employees said he would take him! I joke and look at it as: he's the smallest in the aggressive tank, so he just has "small fish syndrome". Lol and for anyone new to saltwater, no it's not a real syndrome!

LOL!!! That's funny!

I was asking the OP :) ...hoping that maybe he would be somewhat local. I'm looking at getting a Toby. Was thinking of a spotted, but the Valentinis are cool too. My son's idea too, so I understand how kids influence us. :)

@ Todd I live in Lancaster Pa

@ Elude, I think your right with the little guy syndrome. Lol. I'm on the same boat in that my Toby was my sons first pick.

If you are still looking to re-home him, I would be interested. I live in Philadelphia and have a 40 Breeder FOWLR tank.

@ Chris. He's still available. I don't know anything about shipping. Your welcome to come get him if your in the area.

Back
Top Bottom