venustus and livingston

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

torin31

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was wondering are they the same fish. I fell in love when i saw the Livingston at pet smart and they said they can be kept in a 40g tank but i think they get big fast and need something larger. My question is Can i keep 1 male in a 46g bowfront tank nothing else in there perhaps a pleco.

Not the same fish, but they are in the same genus. Cousins I guess you could say. Here's a link on livingstonii: Nimbochromis livingstonii. And one one venustus: Nimbochromis venustus.

In the links it says 125g minimum for venustus and 135g minimum for livingstonii for adults. A single one might be ok for awhile alone in a 46g, but may need a wider tank eventually.

Thanks for the input, yes i would like just one and i could go 60g tank but i would think that is enuf for 1 fish that hits 10 inch max. I also have a 46 bow front for my mbuna. But i saw this fish and just love the way it looks. Kinda like an oscar but way better in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom