Very Long Nitrogen cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

obiwan1968

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
60 Gallon fresh water tank 2 months old. 6 fish. (small guys under 2" a piece) I feed them very little once a day, sometimes less.
My nitrites seem to be maxed on my API test kit now for over a week even after a 25 % water change. Ammonia at 0, Nitrates are just starting to edge up beyond 0.
Should I do daily water changes? The fish seem to be taking the high level just fine.
Thanks!

Nitrite is more toxic to fish than ammonia is. Quite frankly, I'm surprised your fish aren't dead already.
Like the poster above stated, you need to do lots of large water changes until you get safer water ( .25ppm or less).

Nitrite is more toxic to fish than ammonia is. Quite frankly, I'm surprised your fish aren't dead already.
Like the poster above stated, you need to do lots of large water changes until you get safer water ( .25ppm or less).

I surprised also! I didnt want to get fish so soon but my kids were bugging me. I am going to go out today and buy Prime. You're not the first one to tell me to use the product. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom