Very sick convict cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pdl25

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Came home from work tonight and My convict cichlid is at the top of my tank swiming akwardly and i notice the entire bottom part of his stomach and by his anus is bright puffy red with what looks like a small lump coming out of it .. He wasn't like this lastnight when i fed him and he was fine this afternoon when i turned the light on before i went to work... Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be wrong he dosnt look good and i dont think he's gonna last to much longer

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397107982.063651.jpg he looks horrible right now and 9 hours ago he looked like a million bucks ..

In order to get advice, you need to tell all the details. How big is your tank, how long has it been set up, what other fish you have, what is your water change schedule, what are your ammonia, nitrite and nitrate levels, what you feed your fish, etc. I don't know anything about convicts, but getting these answers will help whoever does, and sees this next, to be able to help you better.

30gallon
Just the one convict
8 months
Ph 7.6
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:10
Temp: 78 degrees
25% WC every week
I feed hikari cichlid gold every night

Back
Top Bottom