very strange...need advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
wow. NH3 over 2 for three plus months and not done with the cycle? I am confused by this. I second Menagerie's advise, get the water tested with another kit or at the LFS. Sorry about hijacking the thread, the science behind the cycle is incredibly fascinating for me.

Well, I went to my LFS and got my water tested and lo and behold the tank IS actually cycled! I guess the test kits I had were not that great. That could also explain why I lost my blue dwarf gourami about a week after I put my new fish in my tank. The tests didn't show any ammonia spike but maybe there was one.
Thanks everyone!

goldylox

goldylox said:
Well, I went to my LFS and got my water tested and lo and behold the tank IS actually cycled! I guess the test kits I had were not that great.

Mystery finally solved and with great results. I'm really happy to hear this (I can stop scratching my head now).

Yes, I did replace my test kit :)

Thank you everyone for your help and suggestions for getting to the bottom of things!

goldylox

Back
Top Bottom