VHO or powercompact

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jellybaby

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,
I have a 48 inch tank 75 Gallon that is 18 in deep. In different forum some people say VHO are the best and on other people say powercompact are as good as VHO.
I went to 2 stores. One said VHO last 12 month and pc 6 months the other store said the opposite lol. Im very comfuse. At first i wanted the pc because its its easy. I don't have a top so with the VHO i have to make one.

Which one do you guys prefer and which one to you suggest a newbie to start with.

Just to let you know i might get some plants but soft one. The easy ones. Not the ones that needs the MH.

VHO's are chaper bulb replacemts I belive every 12 months is fine PC should be the same.
Also for colour range there is more for VHO.
But then PC has its advangaes being cooler and more power effeciant. Either way they both meet your lighting requirments for most LPS SPS sofites etc, provided you have enough watts per g.

Another lighing avenue you could explore, if you wanted to, is some of the new HO T-5 lighting fixtures available. It seems like that is gaining in popularity over PC'S and VHO'S. Um, you could do a search of the threds on the sight because there were some good discussions that had some good examples of what those lights could do compared to there counterparts. Some of them even included pics. Thats just if you want to though! :)

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=80511

Back
Top Bottom