Video of our tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skiweeangel

Aquarium Advice Addict
So this is a video of our 55 gal in our bed room. We blew up and laminated the finding nemo background to fit this tank. Also I will be cleaning all of the lovely diatoms off in the next few days.

Wanted to know what you think and what we might add fishy wise. I was thinking a BN pleco and three blue gouramis, plus a few more of what is already in there.

Our Bedroom 55 gal - YouTube

how do you keep your decor so clean. Those look like the 3 artificial orange green and red plants I have and am going to get rid of for real ones.

frequent PWC is all I can say. I am lucky that I live in an apartment with practically unlimited hot water at high pressure! Makes large PWC with a python at tank temp sooooo easy!

no i just leave them in. i think they are due for a scrubbing soon though. you can't see it in the video, but they are starting to have an accumulation of diatoms on them.

usually i'm not a fan of 'kiddy' decor - like sunken ships, castles, dinosaurs, novelty airstones and bubblers etc... because it looks unnatural.

BUT, I LOVE YOUR SETUP !! The shipwreck looks very cool !
its colorful and the ornaments really work well with your aquascaping.
Nice job :)

Thank you! You would hate my son's tank, I think it has everything on your list! But then again he's three so it fits, haha! It was hard to make this look nice, but I need to give most of the credit to mu husband for making it look as sweet as it does.

All my tank have some kind of kiddie colorful decors. All of the decor are gifts that other people have given me. I cherish everything that they give me for my birthday and anniversaries, so I keep all of them. I wonder what I'll get for this upcoming christmas. I have alien looking plants, houses, castles, ships, ancient mummy statues, fish statue, and many other random items.

I don't mind since I'm in this hobby as a fish keeper, so I don't really care for the appearance of my tanks. Been experimenting to see which fish like which random decor.

Cool setup.

Back
Top Bottom