Video Uploads?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Huro

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get videos to upload from my computer and could use some help, I have checked properties and my videos show that they are .3gp and well within the MB limits but when I hit the upload button it doesn't do anything and when I attempt to upload from URL it tells me that it is an invalid file. My second question is can you upload videos to your album here ?. Thanks

You can upload video from your computer to posts but not to an album.

To do this click "go advanced" for the advanced reply editor then look for the add video option and follow the prompts. You cannot upload from a url.

another option is to embed a youtube video in a post -just copy the url of the video and paste it into your post. The video will render automatically.

aavideo.jpg

Hi Janet,

Here is a screen shot of what I see, when I hit browse I select the video from my library and it shows it as in example 2 but then when I preview the post I see nothing as in example 3. Thanks

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 75
  • screen 2.jpg
    screen 2.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 73
  • screen 3.jpg
    screen 3.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 80
Try going to manage attachments, uploading it that way...

IIRC, there's a button to push in there to actually attach it to your post. I wonder if somehow you're uploading it, but it's not attaching it? I don't have any videos on my computer to try, but I remember playing with it when they originally implemented it.

Try going to manage attachments, uploading it that way...

IIRC, there's a button to push in there to actually attach it to your post. I wonder if somehow you're uploading it, but it's not attaching it? I don't have any videos on my computer to try, but I remember playing with it when they originally implemented it.

Yeah I have tried through attachments but whatever reason it will not upload

How large are the files you are trying to load?

Do you get an error message?

If not, what happens?

What browser are you using?

Hi Janet,

Here is a screen shot of the properties for the video I am trying to upload, I use IE 11 and I do not get any error messages when I hit the upload video button in standard or advanced as in previous screen shots, it just doesn't do anything . Thanks

Attachments

• screen4.jpg
    screen4.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom