Volitian Lion Fish Advice PLZ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nycfatcow

Aquarium Advice Freak
i recently just bought a 3 inch lionfish....he is very active and a hardy eater....i was reading online that he needs a balanced diet....i coulnt find the packaged saltwaterfish for him....any substutites? i feed him squid, bloodworms, krill, and cichlid pellets....? i know its weird he loves the pellets he darts after em...is that ok?

I don't know about the pellets. I suppose that's ok, but rest of the offerings look fine. You could also try raw shrimp and fish from your grocer. You don't have to feed him all of it, just switch off from time to time.

If you are unable to get Silversides than Feed the Squid, Raw Shrimp& the Krill, I am not sure about chilid pellets because i do not know about them. One of my Volitans loves pellets so I feed it Spectrum pellets.
You may want to pick up some Zoe/Selcon (Vitamins) to soak your lions food in.

Kaye

I dont believe the cichlid pellets would add any beneficial vitamins or have any nutritional value for the lion.. The other food sounds fine, as fluff suggested, try a raw shrimp.

hmmm so no more pellets ehz? so raw shrimp, dried krill, and squid is enough for a balanced diet?

That should be fine, if you want to feed pellets you can get larger Spectrum Pellets. I have one that likes Raw Salmon & one that wont touch it, you could try a small chunk if you would like to offer more of a variety.

Kaye

Back
Top Bottom