Von Rio Tetras hiding to death?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blinkwire

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all!
I just joined to see if anyone could help me with a problem I've been having with my new 46g planted tank. I've just had my 3rd stocking week, and with the addition of my most recent fish, my Von Rio tetras, which had been fine swimming all over the tank before, are just hiding in a corner with all the plants. They don't even come out to eat, and I'm afraid they'll all die in short order if I don't take any action. Anyway, here is how I stocked my tank:

Week 1: 5 Siamese Algae Eaters

Week 2: 11 Von Rio tetras / Snail

Week 3: 3 Angelfish / 2 Rainbowfish

Compatibility charts I look at tell me that these fish should get along ok since Von Rio's can't fit inside an angelfish's mouth, but something is scaring these fish bad. I was thinking of getting some dither fish to make them more comfortable, but are there dithers for tetras? Also I am concerned that the dithers may just hide out with the tetras. Anyway any help you guys could offer would be really appreciated.

Is the tank planted? The more decor there is, the more comfortable the tetras. Your compatibility looks ok to me, but I do think yo have too many SAEs for the longterm. Angels are angels and if you end up with a pair, they will beat the snot outta the third.

I wouldn't add anything besides plants. ;)

Welcome to AA!

Thanks HN1 for the quick reply. Yes, I have a planted tank. Trying to grow glosso along with some wisteria and corkscrew vals. Everything was going really well til I got the angels and the rainbowfish. Now the tank just looks really empty because all the tetras are hiding. I guess I will wait and see what they do. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom