Waiting almost a month for fish. Should I reconsider?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've had so many suggestions but, really, no idea. I'm searching now. Blennys/gobys arent jumpers are they?

Depends, if you like firefish they seem to be almost guaranteed jumpers though. Luckily I have a top though

Is a starry blenny a good one? I see you have one. :)

I have a glass canopy but there's an open section for the hob filter so I def can't use any jumper gobys' or blennys'

Look into getting a yellow clown goby, they are very cute and perfect for a nano. I love how they perch on the rock/glass/corals.

They can be jumpers like corey said...especially when they are new to a tank and scared. Find a temporary lid for the tank until the fish is more used to it maybe...we just made our tops our of small holed chicken fencing i guess you'd call it haha.

ohhh well just try to cover the hole up best you can with some netting :)..starry blennys look awesome..almost got one but figured I had enough lol

I'm getting excited again, I have anew game plan. I'll just wait on the clowns and get my other two fish first. I'll be at one store tomorrow but I know he doesnt have any blennys. I might have to make the 2 hour trip then. :)

Blennys can pick at corals in small.tank what about a jaw fish they are cool..maybe a jaw and pair of blak clowns and you be happy three fish is enuff for the 29 gallon

unless her sandbed is quite deep a jawfish is out. My starry blenny is wonderful, personality and aesthetically-wise. Catalina gobies are coldwater fish so unless you did a coldwater tank which wouldn't be compatible with the others it's a no too..

Clown gobies are nice though!

I have a standard depth bed, maybe 2 inches tops. Too bad about the catalina, its beautiful. Do blennies really pick at corals? I'm more about the corals than the fish aspect. Liveaquaria has the blennies as being reef safe

I know there is one blenny who strictly eats corals, not sure which one though.

Lawnmower, bicolor, tailspot, tribal, starry blenny are all good blennies though, reef safe

Cool. Thanks. I'll be on the lookout. woot! a fish finally! well, maybe anyways LOL now to find one.

If you can find a midas that would be a good choice, I have mine in with softies, LPS and SPS. He found a hold in the rock that was covered with glue cloves so when he get in it he looks like a little smiley face in a wreath of flowers. They are very easy to I waited for several months before my lfs could get one in.

kms907 said:
How did the fish shopping go??? I stopped at my LFS and he had in midas and bicolor blennys haha made me think of this thread.

Well, if they would have had b&w clown fish, you know what you would have had to do ;b

No luck yesterday on the blenny or goby. My fish guy ordered some blennys for next thursday and he said the hatchery just isnt shipping my b&w's cause they are too small yet.

I did get a really neat candycane coral though. Can't walk out empty handed lolo

I know the feeling. I always get something, be it a snail, hermit it frag.

Great thing about Corals is you can add them as often as you like. It's the fish that slow things up! Lol

Did you dip your coral?

PrettyFishies said:
I know the feeling. I always get something, be it a snail, hermit it frag.

Great thing about Corals is you can add them as often as you like. It's the fish that slow things up! Lol

Did you dip your coral?

The guy does only tank raised coral and fish. He has been fragging his own stuff for over twenty years. I trust him 100%. Only place I can really say that about. Lol

Back
Top Bottom