Want to have a Freshwater (Tropical) tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
well they have a hood but its flimsy bit of crap plastic to be honest

That's what you want. You're on a budget. Get the flimsy crapp plastic, put 2 CFL bulbs in it, get the co2 system, and you're off to the races. Of fish keeping.

oh, it comes with it, but how do i attach a heavy light onto a but of rubbish light breakable plastic?

and went on eBay -

image-116448072.jpg

on LFS website i looked for 5 gallon starter kit an it comes with square tank and filter, but filter is rubbish,

image-2210093789.jpg

oh, it comes with it, but how do i attach a heavy light onto a but of rubbish light breakable plastic?

and went on eBay -

View attachment 207067

Maybe I'm not making this clear.

The hood will be a piece of plastic, with a hinged door somewhere on it for access to the aquarium. The hood will have a place for either fluorescent (long tube) or incandescant bulbs to screw in to. If it is incandescant (the type of bulbs you likely use at home), switch it out for a CFL bulb (compact fluorescent). The actual weight of the bulb is just a few grams. I don't know where you're getting the idea that the light is heavy.

29852.jpg

The hood is the black part on top of the aquarium. The "hump" is where the bulbs screw in.

it is literally one long bit of flimsy plastic, not holes
or anything for that, and to access aquarium you got to live plastic sheet off and out

it is literally one long bit of flimsy plastic, not holes
or anything for that, and to access aquarium you got to live plastic sheet off and out

That's not the type of hood I'm talking about. Call the petshop on the phone when they're open tomorrow and tell them you want a standard size 5 gallon aquarium with an incandescant hood. See what they say.

Right, i am busy tomorrow sorry, very sorry for this but i might put a ad up in local shops saying i want a used tropical tank 20 gallon + thats complete set or not for £0/£80 (or something?!)

Right, i am busy tomorrow sorry, very sorry for this but i might put a ad up in local shops saying i want a used tropical tank 20 gallon + thats complete set or not for £0/£80 (or something?!)

Are you sure you're not trolling?
Because this feels like trolling. 55, no 30, no 55, no 5, no 7, no 20 used.
I feel that 20 pages worth of posts, and a significant amount of my time, have been utterly wasted.

I can't post in this thread any more. I'm sorry.

Are you sure you're not trolling?
Because this feels like trolling. 55, no 30, no 55, no 5, no 7, no 20 used.
I feel that 20 pages worth of posts, and a significant amount of my time, have been utterly wasted.

I can't post in this thread any more. I'm sorry.

Haha, well I'm new to this and i cant make decisions, it hasn't, don't worry you told me what to get if i get 7 gallon or wether a 55 gallon what products, and i think you've been a great help and any people that manage to read 200 posts (y)

Haha, well I'm new to this and i cant make decisions, it hasn't, don't worry you told me what to get if i get 7 gallon or wether a 55 gallon what products, and i think you've been a great help and any people that manage to read 200 posts (y)

I have read through all the pages and it has been a bit frustrating.

Go on gum tree and put up an ad for a full fish tank setup for 100 pounds. Then just wait.

Back
Top Bottom