Want to have a Freshwater (Tropical) tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
there are Fish Shops but 30miles+ and VERY EXPENSIVE and most certainly crap

i think for now i'm going to see if i like tropical fish and do a small shrimp only tank and in 2014 do a big one

Why don't you do a 15 gallon with amanos cherries, and a honey gourami.

15 gallon oh i could:/ not RCS apparently Amano's are hard to keep?! only 1 honey gourami surely more fish could be kept in a 15 gallon with a few shrimp

IMO i think 68 litre is a bit to much for a shrimp tank, and expensive

IMO i think 68 litre is a bit to much for a shrimp tank, and expensive

So u want a nano shrimp tank? Like a 5 gallon or something? You won't need a stand for a 5 gallon, since they only weigh about 50 pounds. You could filter it with an aquaclear mini. Lighting could be a 5-10 pound incandescant hood with 2 CFL bulbs. That'd be enough, in that shallow of a tank, to grow some plants decently.

You could probably do the whole setup for 100 pounds, including shrimp, provided there are as cheap cherry shrimp sources out there as there are where I live. I can get about 50 of them for 10 dollars.

Maybe add a few amano shrimp as well for variety.

was going to get Fluval Ebi but durno, dunno what to do, like tank:/ cheap ish

So u want a nano shrimp tank? Like a 5 gallon or something? You won't need a stand for a 5 gallon, since they only weigh about 50 pounds. You could filter it with an aquaclear mini. Lighting could be a 5-10 pound incandescant hood with 2 CFL bulbs. That'd be enough, in that shallow of a tank, to grow some plants decently.

You could probably do the whole setup for 100 pounds, including shrimp, provided there are as cheap cherry shrimp sources out there as there are where I live. I can get about 50 of them for 10 dollars.

Maybe add a few amano shrimp as well for variety.

yea, to start off with, well on eBay you gotta buy case,intake,plug thing individually? What about heater/thermometer/prime/fertilisers/live plants?

yea, to start off with, well on eBay you gotta buy case,intake,plug thing individually

I have no idea what you're talking about

heater/thermometer/prime/fertilisers/live plants?

25W or 50W heater. Use a digital thermometer if you can. Ferts are unnecessary with no co2 addition. You can grow some anubias and java fern without them. Prime is cheap. Get a big bottle so it lasts you and get a syringe/pipette so you can measure it out exactly. Just a few drops are needed.

no one RCS = £1.00-£3.00 each

That's an obscene price. I wouldn't pay that much. You can't find cherry shrimp privately?

http://www.gumtree.com/p/pets/red-cherry-shrimp-for-sale-50p-each-5-free-offer/1034369165

Here's a guy selling them for 50p. Is he near you?

the aquaclear filter, you cant buy it as one you gotta buy all he parts to make it and individually,
yes 50 watt heater is what people say
what tank do i get, some people say Fluval Ebi,Aquatic Nature Cocoon Tanks,Dennerle Cubes?:-/ ah

the aquaclear filter, you cant buy it as one you gotta buy all he parts to make it and individually,
yes 50 watt heater is what people say
what tank do i get, some people say Fluval Ebi,Aquatic Nature Cocoon Tanks,Dennerle Cubes?:-/ ah

No dude. The aquaclear comes as one unit.

Hagen Aquaclear Power Filter - 20

See? Whole unit.

AquaClear 110 Aquarium Power Filter - for 60 to 110 US Gallon tanks | eBay

Again, whole unit.

Both of those are the wrong size for a 5 gallon, but I'm just posting them to show you that the aquaclear is NOT bought in parts. No idea where you got that thought from.

I suggest you buy a plain cheap 5 gallon bare tank, and add the smallest aquaclear they make, a small heater, and a 5-10GBP incandescant hood. That'll be best.

If you can't find an Aquaclear around you, use a properly sized alternative HOB or internal filter.

YES BUT WHAT TANK???? and he is 5 hours away:p and eBay says :

image-1141506396.jpg

Back
Top Bottom