Want to take the next step, point me in the right direction?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimenezlee

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all,

Long story short:
I bought a bunch of plants that have been dying and losing color. I'm now down to about half the number of plants I had and the remaining ones have shown zero to no growth and some are yellowing.

I recently (2 weeks ago) added a DIY CO2 bottle and I've seen some improvement; a few of the plants got a little greener and one or two are showing a bit of new growth wich was a welcome change. But many are still not improving.

Here's what I got:

-Tank: 55g, Planted since early March this year.
-Substrate: EcoComplete
-Lights: Single strip T8s that I believe are 17W a piece. Just ordered 4x 54W 6500K T5 HO Bulbs, get the fixture this Thurs.
-Ferts: Just started Fluorish comprehensive yesterday.
-DIY CO2, one bottle. Gives about a bubble per second for the first few days, by 2nd week its down to about a bubble every 10 sec. then replace

-Plants:

I had other plants in there, but this is what I'm left with now:

Green Cryptocoryne (Cryptocoryne wendtii)
Amazon Sword Plant
Chilensis 5 Pc (Sagittaria platyphylla)
Anubias Nana
Wisteria
Micro Sword (Lilaeopsis novae-zelandiae)
Ozelot Sword (Echinodorus ozelot)
Chainsword Narrow Leaf (Echinodorus tenellus)
Rotala Indica

This is the fixture I got:

48" T5 HO Aquarium Light Hood Freshwater Plant 216W New - eBay (item 110685443403 end time Jun-07-11 18:08:13 PDT)

48" T5 HO Aquarium Light Hood Freshwater Plant 216W New
4x 54W 6500K T5 HO Bulbs, Extendable Brackets, LED

Will I need a pressurized CO2 system? What about fertilizers, do I need something other than the Fuorish complete?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Back
Top Bottom