Wanted to share some good news

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ickletas

Aquarium Advice Freak
Was in my local Pets at Home (Uk version of Petsmart) and they seem to have had a change of staff. I overheard a few conversations between these staff and customers where the customer was being told that the particular fish they wanted would be unsuitable for their tank for reasons like stunting, aggression and so forth. After listening for some time (slightly agog, if I'm honest) I asked about getting a tank and some fish. The lady I spoke to told me about fish in cycling (in great detail, daily or more pwc's, proper test kits etc) and I asked if there was a way to do it without fish. To my astonishment she then went on to tell me about fishless (although using food not ammo, but it's a start!) but that they don't tell customers unless specifically asked as it tends to put people off buying tanks (which we mostly already knew to be the case). Just thought I'd share a good experience with a chain store as it makes a change from the horror stories we usually hear.

Nice, I know our local petsmart has finally woke up and has begun working in the right direction, finally started getting ottos and bristlenoses in stock and they told me they were trying to phase out the reg pleco (seems one boss keeps ordering them anyway), they always seem to have good clean tanks, if a abit over stocked at times, did try to talk them into keeping the ottos in the plant tanks, but he asked if I wanted to try and catch them, yeah I can see why not *LOL*

That does sound pretty positive. Two of the Petsmart's (equivalent of Pets at Home) near me seem to have pretty helpful and knowledgeable staff. Sounds like you had a positive experience along the same lines and is good to hear!

I can remember years ago when I lived in England I bought some fish at Pets at Home, I think it was 5 bronze corydoras and maybe half a dozen neon tetras to add to a well established 175L (US 45g) tank, and they wrote on the sales receipt under warranty: "None due to excess stocking". Just found the receipt a few weeks ago when visiting my parents at it made me laugh :lol:

Back
Top Bottom