Wanting to add one more fish.... choices choices....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andyvette

Aquarium Advice Freak
In my 30 Gallon Planted. My filtration is more than adequate. My tank is always perfect parameters (w/ 7.8pH). I have sand substrate. And my plants are flourishing w/ about 1.6 watts/gallon.
My livestock are as follows-

2 Olive Nerite Snails
~20 Red Cherry Shrimp
1 Red Tailed Shark (Temporary.... plan on moving in the next 4 months- still young)
1 Dwarf Gourami (male- red fire)
2 Silver Mollies
4 Dwarf Spotted Cories
8 Neon Tetras

All of the fish here are juvenile, with the exception being the RTS which is very small (and 2 cories are smaller).

With only 1 gourami, 2 mollies, 4 cories, and 8 tetras, what else could I add? If it is just 1 fish, that is fine, or a pair... no biggie. What should I do that I can get?

Thanks as always,
Andy

lovemybarbs said:
My red tailed shark isn't growing very fast. That's a lot of shrimp!

You have no idea. They breed, and about 4-5 live after every breeding. Most get eaten as babies, but a few live..... making them multiply. hehe

No algae though :D

lovemybarbs said:
Too funny! Nothing wrong with having a bunch of cleaners in your tank. They are probably entertaining to watch.

They are a trip..... a couple of the bigger ones think they are neons, and swim right in the middle of the school and float there.... sometimes bouncing off a couple neons. The neons dont even act as if they exist.....

And for some reason I think that if my shrimp could talk they would all have french accents and be psycho....... :lol:

If you want a few, psipsi on this forum sells them. I got about 15 for 21 bucks shipped, and they all arrived and lived fine..... They are usually like 3-5 bucks apiece online. He also send alot of java moss withem. I dont know how good they do cleaning.... but they are definately a cool creature that lives fine. Not to mention everytime someone sees the tank they say "Theres shrimp in there!" They dont add to the bioload, and because they are filter feeders, they actually keep your water cleaner.

The ONLY bad thing that I don't like is you have to be very picky on your medication. So a quarantine is almost a must unless you just use melafix and primafix.....

Back
Top Bottom