Wanting to start a temperate marine tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RandyRhoads

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'd like to start a temperate marine tank, and have no idea where to start. What are some dos and donts starting one. How does it differ from a tropical tank?

I'd like to do this because I live near the coast in northern California and do lots of freediving/spearfishing/abalone diving, and I see lots of things out there i'd like to scoop up for a tank.

Will def be a specialized tank and will require Aomori strong independent research. There are some in the forums that are running similar specialized tanks. I think I have an article on one I found just forgot to post it. Give me a little am ill look.

Will def be a specialized tank and will require Aomori strong independent research. There are some in the forums that are running similar specialized tanks. I think I have an article on one I found just forgot to post it. Give me a little am ill look.

Ok sounds like its probably beyond my experience

I would need a chiller go sure. I read something about needin to create algae blooms to feed inhabitants. This sounds like something that I might not be ready for. I only have experience with a 25# sw tank with heart predators. As much as I want a Goldwater it sounds like I would probably fail. About how much $ Would I be looking at for a 55# cold water with no fish

Back
Top Bottom