Warming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deej20

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Don't kill your fish by putting in a bucket with a heater !!!!!!

And why would one put fish in a bucket with a heater? Not too sure I really understand your post.

greetings.

souldn't the heater automatically stop heating when the temperature reaches what is set on the thermostat? does the amount of water the heater sits in matter?

sincerely,
nereksnad

One didn't realise, when cleaning the tank, putting 14 fish into a Bucket with a heater would almost boil them to death. They were all lifeless within seconds to spare. When I put them back in the tank, they took a while to come round, however, we didn't loose any, but it was a close one.

What was your reasoning for putting them in a bucket to clean your tank?

We were moving the tank itself to a different spot, so we had to remove most of the water. Do you think that's the reason they almost died? Because they were in a bucket? Maybe lack of oxygen ?

I have done that plenty of times and they were fine. You don't need to put the heater in there though.

How long we're they in the bucket and with the heater in there?

About 2 hours or so? I really don't understand what happened.

My only guess was the heater. You don't need to put it in the bucket with them. They aren't gonna get cold that fast. Did you check the temp of the water in the bucket?

No my girlfriend said we should but I said it would be okay... So she didn't. Oh dear well thanks anyway we won't be doing that again. My girlfriend said it was a bad idea.. Should have listened to her I suppose. Thanks so much

Yea all ok now

Attachments

• image-339614250.jpg
    image-339614250.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 48
Back
Top Bottom