water bubbler build ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mellowyellow

Aquarium Advice Freak
I would like to build a small water bubbler for my 20 gal freshwater tank. I wouldn't call it a bubbler though. I was thinking of something like plastic pipe or tubing with three slits in it so that the water wouldn't come out bubbling but more in the shape of vertical waves going up the back of the tank. Perhaps attaching the hose end through a cork at one end to keep it tight and a cork in the other end. Does anyone have an idea on how to accomplish this wavy look? It would really look neat and calming instread of bubbles rushing toward the top of the tank. Thanks for your help in advance. I've looked all over the internet unsuccessfully. Looks like nobody sells a finished product like I'm suggesting.

Are you looking for something like this?

Waterfall-Grande-Clear-Glass-with-Black-Frame-.jpg

Someone did this for their fish tank a really really long time ago (3-5 years) and I'm not sure what it was called, so I can't really look it up. This popped up under vertical water fall (There's also one in the lobby in the show House)

Danny: AFter several attempts my LFS lady suggested I bury a bubble wand under the gravel. I have an ajustable air pump and that has given me a look similar to what I was thinking. It looks good. Thanks again for your input.

Back
Top Bottom