Water Change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vanimal

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've heard that doing more water changes, more often is better for your fish. Is this true?? And could too many large water changes harm them?

Yes. The more water changes, the better. You don't need to go crazy, just keeping the nitrates under 20ppm/ 1x per week is enough for most fish, but if you'd like to do more they should love it. Too many large changes shouldn't cause any problems as long as the water is temp matched, and the pH from the water out of the tap isn't significantly higher than the pH of the tank.

Ok thanks! Ive started doing more water changes and my fish seem to be growing faster and look healthier

siva said:
Yes. The more water changes, the better. You don't need to go crazy, just keeping the nitrates under 20ppm/ 1x per week is enough for most fish, but if you'd like to do more they should love it. Too many large changes shouldn't cause any problems as long as the water is temp matched, and the pH from the water out of the tap isn't significantly higher than the pH of the tank.

Yep. I do 60-70% once or twice a week and my fish seem happy and healthy.

Back
Top Bottom