Water change.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carlB9

Aquarium Advice Regular
So my tank has been up and running for about a month now. ( with RO water straight from my LFS tanks ) I haven't done a water change and was wondering if I should do one or not. Salt level is a little high.
Thanks for any help

Your not topping off with sw are you? And if your cycle is still going on I would wait but if it's done ya go ahead. How high are we talking on the salinity?

No not topping it off and in the refracto it's about 1.026.

Your not topping off at all? Even with ro/di? That could be why your salinity has risen but 1.026 is ok but I wouldn't go higher

Ya you should top off with ro/di daily. Water will evaporate but the salt stays so you have to add fw to maintain your salinity

Definitely top off with RO, either manually or with an ATO.

If you are running your cycle still, just do the top off and measure all your parameters daily. No need to change the water out until your cycle is done.

I really never did a cycle because my LFS gave me LR and water straight from his tanks. Ran it for about a week then got some snails, hermits, and clowns.

Back
Top Bottom