water changer??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have both they are both the same in function and quality imo. Really it's all about what color you want.

Daxhua said:
I have both they are both the same in function and quality imo. Really it's all about what color you want.

Aren't they much different in price though?? Seems like everywhere I look, the python is $15-$20 more than aqueon

I don't remember what the prices are but yeah I think the python is more expensive. I never understood that like I mentioned before they are exactly alike. Go with the cheaper one I think the aqueon looks better any way.

Daxhua said:
I don't remember what the prices are but yeah I think the python is more expensive. I never understood that like I mentioned before they are exactly alike. Go with the cheaper one I think the aqueon looks better any way.

Sounds good to me, saves me some money :) thanks!

Bbush said:
How do you condition water and get temp right?. It doesn't say on the python site.

Condition water and temp right? On what? The water you're putting back in??

Yeah sorry. Maybe I just don't understand how they work. Do they just siphon old water to your sink, or do they put new water in as well?

Bbush said:
Yeah sorry. Maybe I just don't understand how they work. Do they just siphon old water to your sink, or do they put new water in as well?

They do both, after adding the water, you can just treat the tank with appropriate amounts, as for the temp, try n get it as close as possible to the tank temp, obviously you don't wanna put ice cold water in a 80° tank :)

I find it easier to just put the hose out a window when I am removing the water. Not only easier, but faster as well.

I have an Aqueon and because of how easy it makes this chore. I am actually inclined to do the water changes. My tank is on the second floor so hanging a hose out the window is not feasible. Bucket filling a 30 gallon tank is a pain. Problem solved.

My tank is on the second floor so hanging a hose out the window is not feasible.

Is the hose afraid of heights?

Also, the water you are pouring down the drain is great for your outside or inside plants.

lmao Rk no the hose is fine with heights but I live in an apartment building and as much as some of my neighbors annoy me to no end. I try not to make waves. Helps build the credibility up when it's time to call the landlord when people start acting like $%&*@

lmao Rk no the hose is fine with heights but I live in an apartment building and as much as some of my neighbors annoy me to no end. I try not to make waves. Helps build the credibility up when it's time to call the landlord when people start acting like $%&*@

LOL, I understand, but I couldn't stop myself from posting that.

A little humor goes a long way.

TT71 said:
I have an Aqueon and because of how easy it makes this chore. I am actually inclined to do the water changes. My tank is on the second floor so hanging a hose out the window is not feasible. Bucket filling a 30 gallon tank is a pain. Problem solved.

Just bought an Aqueon off of amazon for $24! Beats the price of a python for sure. We'll see how good it is :)

LOL, I understand, but I couldn't stop myself from posting that.

A little humor goes a long way.
RK It's all good. My response is a good example on how a message can come across wrong because sometimes the written word doesn't carry across the emotion that ones voice does.
My skin is quite thick. I deal with people for a living.

Just bought an Aqueon off of amazon for $24! Beats the price of a python for sure. We'll see how good it is :)
You went to the right place Amazon does have the best price on them, it seems. When I got mine there was a learning curve to get used to the best methods for cleaning but it doesn't take long.

Back
Top Bottom