Water conditioners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mt.everett

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am currently using nutrafin aqua plus conditioner and nutrafin cycle. I’m wanting to switch to using seachem prime and seachem stabilizer as i’ve heard they are better products. I was wondering if it’s safe to use the seachem products while there is remnants of nutrafin products in my tank? I’ll stop using nutrafin products and use seachem after a water change.

Its fine to change.

I wouldnt base decisions on what you think is best.

A water conditioner is a water conditioner. If the one you are using works then its fine. I would use whatever works out the cheapest per water change. That will probably be Prime, it was when i worked out the prices.

Biological booster products like the cycle and stability are very hit and miss as to whether they work or not. Whatever you use they might not be doing anything. Beyond the first lot of dosing there isnt much point in keep adding them, and once you are cycled you certainly dont need them anymore. If you have a bottle sat on the shelf then by all means use it up, but i wouldnt keep buying more. At this point its an expensive placebo.

Back
Top Bottom