Water HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy1111

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have had several deaths in cloudy water now, what do I do, what chemicals do I need, can some fish fix this slightly???

Have you tested your water? What are the readings? When was your last water chenge?

Have you tested your water? What are the readings? When was your last water chenge?

My readings are:
Ph: 6.7
Kh: 50
Dh: 3.2(gh: 60)
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 3 ppm

My last water change was last weekend and that was about 10%. Water I foggy all the time.

I have had several deaths in cloudy water now, what do I do, what chemicals do I need, can some fish fix this slightly???

I just want to let you know that no one is trying to be rude or anything by asking a lot of questions. It just helps them figure out what may be wrong so they can give you a good answer.

Good water partial changes almost always solve water quality or cloudy water issues.

What is your stocking list, and how big is the tank?
What do you have as far as decorations?

You may want to do bigger water changes every other day of about 50% with some water treatment adde to the new water. that should solve the cloudy water issue.

What is your stocking list, and how big is the tank?
What do you have as far as decorations?

You may want to do bigger water changes every other day of about 50% with some water treatment adde to the new water. that should solve the cloudy water issue.

10g: 5neon tetras, 2 red wag platies. Just some fake grass, fake hornwort, another fake plant, and a fake centerpiece with driftwood ( also fake )

Sorry if I missed that but what was your ammonia reading? And to answer your orig ? If "some fish could fix that"... I don't think so. To me it sounds like something going on either with the water or some fish illness (since you've had some fish deaths). I'm dealing with sick tanks now and doing daily testing and treatments, water changes as indicated definitely helps. Learned lot of that on this forum too, so stick around, ask questions and... you'll get there:) good luck and hope you don't lose any more fish. On side note... At some point if you love your fish, get them some live plants, they'll love you for them:)

Sorry if I missed that but what was your ammonia reading? And to answer your orig ? If "some fish could fix that"... I don't think so. To me it sounds like something going on either with the water or some fish illness (since you've had some fish deaths). I'm dealing with sick tanks now and doing daily testing and treatments, water changes as indicated definitely helps. Learned lot of that on this forum too, so stick around, ask questions and... you'll get there:) good luck and hope you don't lose any more fish. On side note... At some point if you love your fish, get them some live plants, they'll love you for them:)

The tank is now empty, all the fish are gone. I will now completely restart the tank, using sand in stead o gravel, and possibly a live plant.

So sorry to hear you've lost your fish:( very sad... Well, lessons learned, and don't get discouraged. Definitely live plants! More then one. Get some easy ones (I hear all the time how people give up on live plants and that's too bad bcs IMO they help the fish and water quality. Get some anubias , they'll grow no matter what, then there's bunch of others (like low growing) that are easy. Look at some stem plants too as they supposedly suck up the ammonia from the water. Now that you've experienced the pain of losing fish if you can't stand the thought of losing more during cycling, do a fish-less cycle. It takes a while but during that time you can enjoy watching the plants in your tank. Stick some driftwood in there too, it'll help with ph issues... And PATIENCE my friend!:)

Micro swords or java moss sound good. I ant decide if the tank should be for live bearers or tetras.

Wishing you best of luck this time around. Enjoy and have fun with it

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom