water temp for ro/di unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mp3z24

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have read somewhere that the temperature of the inlet water for a ro/di has a lot to do with the amount of waste water that is discharged from the unit. if i remember correctly, the ideal temperature was 77 degrees F.

that said, does anyone use a temperature regulator to mix the hot and cold water to get the inlet water to the proper temperature to reduce the waste stream? i have been looking around online for a point of use thermostatic mixing valve, but i cant find one that has a temperature range low enough. most only go as low as ~90 degrees. and hot water is the enemy to the ro filter membrane.

~mike

Honestly I wouldn't worry about it. My units says it puts out 100 gpd, which is not likely even in best of conditions and I'm able to fill a 45 gallon vat in less than 14 hours. And that's with the cold water full blower.

Sean

im not really concerned about the time it takes to fill something, i just get a bit iritated when the water going down the drain is ~10x the wter going in the tank!!!

i havent seen a water bill since i filled my tank, it might not even be that much of a financial issue, but i would rather not waste the water if i didnt have to... im not being preachy about water use, just a personal preference on the way i do things.

~mike

Back
Top Bottom