Water test

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RyanBenson

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I'm back from my trip and this so the first time I've tested my water. My PH (I think) is a little high. My ammonia seem to match pretty well with .25ppm and my nitrite seems a little off but my nitrate is at 0ppm. Any advice please?

image-1786818707.jpg

image-2524768102.jpg

Attachments

• image-2059662396.jpg
    image-2059662396.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 53
Stability is key with pH even at pH 8, as for the others, you should do a 50% water change until they reach 0 or close to that.

Test your water using the high ph liquid to find out how high it is. Mine is a constant 8.2 so I don't bother with the lower ph test.

Your tank is not cycled. Do a 30% water change and keep testing. Becuase you have fish in there your going to do more water changes to keep your levels safe. For your ph test with highrange ph to get a true reading but going to guess your around 7.8-8

Your tank is not cycled. Do a 30% water change and keep testing. Becuase you have fish in there your going to do more water changes to keep your levels safe. For your ph test with highrange ph to get a true reading but going to guess your around 7.8-8

Ok thanks, will do!!:)

image-1565839997.jpg

This is the high range ph test.
Do I need to hold the test tube right against the paper or a little bit away from it, this photo is right up against it.

Check your tap water ph, see if your tap water that high or something in your tank increasing it

Ok! Will do! I've already drained 30% of my water. Is it ok for me to go ahead and put the new water in yet?

image-2702647276.jpg

This is my tap water ph, it's on the white back ground in between the two levels

Back
Top Bottom