Weird red lump on side of rasbora

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FWFishTanks

Aquarium Advice Addict
One of my harlequin rasboras have developed a weird red lump on its side. Does anyone know what it is and how to treat it (if you can)? I am worried it may be tuberculosis. It developed pretty quick, that or i never noticed it. I hope my rasbora is okay! :(

Attachments

• DSCN0556.jpg
    DSCN0556.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 100
  • DSCN0559.jpg
    DSCN0559.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 111
  • DSCN0560.jpg
    DSCN0560.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 103
those pictures are kind of hard to see :( totally understand... I had to try to stop mine from moving to get a picture... not going to happen...

I would suggest getting him into a hospital tank, especiallu if you think it is fish TB but carful you can get an infextion from it as well.

Could also be parasites... a tumor...

Antibiotics would be your best bet... but those are expensize and can be hard to find. I would personally start with seperating him to a different tank. And doing daily salt baths. My rasboras do really well with salt baths. Make sure to watch the other fish for signs of the same thing.

Good luck!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

oh I forgot to ask... how old is the tank? Ammonia? Nitrate? Nitrite?

The tank has been setup for over 2 years. There is no nitrate or ammonia, and I also do 50% water changes weekly. The tumor went down for a few days and now it is growing back again.

4 tsp to one gallon of water is approximatly what I use. only keep him in there for 5 to 30 minutes. He will act odd but basically as long as he is moving it is good. Make sure to watch him like a hawk!

My redneck hospital tank :dance:

Attachments

• DSCN0561.jpg
    DSCN0561.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCN0570.jpg
    DSCN0570.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 93
My redneck hospital tank :dance:

Haha...
I housed my 37 fish in a container not too dissimilar to this for 3 weeks while I was trying to fix a leak on my tank.
Worked surprisingly well ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Haha...
I housed my 37 fish in a container not too dissimilar to this for 3 weeks while I was trying to fix a leak on my tank.
Worked surprisingly well ��

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

lol... 37 fish :blink: Who needs aquariums when you have rubbermaids

Back
Top Bottom