Weired click click click noise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In a post above here I think I said to put a crab in as bait. They love hermits. They are snacks to them. Your cleanup crew may not be much but empty shells if you had a mantis.

Ahhh my cuc is doing fine I think. Well I can only see a few snails and one snail with like pink triangle shell going over one of the rocks and his still doing good.

Ok cool I'll try an get a hermit after the Easter break an hopefully catch the little bugger. I'll take photos and place them here once I catch it.

Thanks heaps

Codyheitmiller said:
They can also break your aquarium glass... Idk if that was said or not.

Yeah ive heard that but ive also heard thats it's not true... That's it's just an old wize tail.

Technically it's possible, but it will never happen. It's just another thing to prove their strength. But I could see it happening maybe if they saw their reflection and thought it was an enemy... I really doubt it though.

Are we talking about mantis shrimp or pistols? Because pistols "shot" reaches the temp of the sun for a moment, mantis shrimp just punch or spear stuff

with it's spears, google it. Or better yet look it up on youtube. Zebra or bumblebee mantis shrimp is a spearer

Pistols are completely safe. Mantis are the bad ones. They do a punching thing so hard it can even shatter your bone...

Pistols can close their claws so rapidly it causes the minute air particles in the water to collapse which means other animals suffocate since all the oxygen just disappeared from the water in that region, besides that the shockwave from the claw closing can also be deadly, lab tests have shown not only does the "click" reach incredible heat it also creates light! This is the only animal known to science that can "create" light! It's pretty awesome

Back
Top Bottom