Well... I am changing my ways.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

binaryterror

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, as you all know... I am not the most responsible aquarist. Well not anymore! I am looking into a 125g+ tank very soon. I am going to move my 55g into this 125g+ (dont know which size I am getting yet) and then I am selling my 55g and equipment to my friend who I got into the saltwater hobby. I am very excited! So, I got my friend into the hobby, plus I will have a better home for my fish!

But the problem is, I am going need alot more stuff. This isnt going to be a reef (too hard for now). So I am wondering what I will need. I was thinking of getting a new Berlin Turbo Skimmer, and a 40g long sump, and use it as a fuge/sump. So my main filtration will be the LR, LS, Skimmer, and Fuge. But, I am going to also need to design this sump. So does anyone have pics of there sump/fuge so I can get an idea? I will get into more detail once I find the tank I am looking for (if its drilled or not).

Also, if its FOWLR, is 2 VHO bulbs OK for it? I am hoping they should be, since fish dont need strong lighting like corals. Also, how many GPH should I be pumping? I am thinking of getting a Quite One pump that is rated for 1200gph. Plus if its drilled, I wont need to buy an overflow to match it! I also have a 250watt heater. Will I need another to put into my sump/fuge? I have a 100waat heater that I use in my tank until waterchanges, but I'd rather have what I need in there all the time.

Well, that about sums it up. I will ask some more as I think of them. I am trying to get the stuff I need to get the tank running for now. Then I will look into what I will put into my fuge, and extras like UV sterilizers, ect. Thanks!!!

This is my idea formy sump/fuge. let me know what you think!

img_580888_0_70b414ddafa9ec2cee145ebf2ea631a1.jpg

Pump,heater and skimmer are all in last section in my tank. I have bio balls soon to be Live rock rubble in the middle. I have same set up as far as 125 and 40 gallon long as sump. As I said all the equipment will fit in return side. Looks like good planning though. Good luck.

I dont have a way of putting diagram on but just flip your picture around and have bio balls in middle and that is what it looks like. I used to live in orrville Ohio. I know you know where that is.

I run mine...intake into Right side with live rock rubble over the intake tube. Protein skimmer is in the same compartment. Then it goes through a refugium with deep sand bed, live rock, and macro, in the center, and then the last set of double baffles for air bubble trapping and the return pump compartment on the far left. I throw base rock into the sump and in a couple months it's corralline rock. I've got over 140lbs rock in my 58 gal tank. Plus 20ish in the sump.

Back
Top Bottom