Well im curious

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kalikingsmoke

Aquarium Advice Activist
Right now I have a 80 gallon cichlid tank... I would really like to do a saltwater tank I have many many questions about the differences from fresh and salt. I want to do clownfish and anemone. What size tank should I start with? I have a low budget. What do I need to buy? How much can I expect to spend on salt monthly? What equiptment do I need?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Saltwater isn't really that difficult. For an anemone, you need to keep your water pristine and they require intense lighting to survive. Your largest expense will be lighting. I'd suggest looking into the taotronics LEDs, as they are intense lights that won't need any bulbs replaced every 6 months to a year like bulbed units require.
To keep water pristine, you will want to use ro/di water OR distilled water at best. A ro/di machine is a great addition...but you can put it off if budget doesn't allow. My ro/di is down currently, and have been using distilled water from Walmart for almost 2 years because of it.

Right now I have a 80 gallon cichlid tank... I would really like to do a saltwater tank I have many many questions about the differences from fresh and salt. I want to do clownfish and anemone. What size tank should I start with? I have a low budget. What do I need to buy? How much can I expect to spend on salt monthly? What equiptment do I need?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you have a low budget, then you prob don't want to get an anenome. It will save you from buying all of the expensive lighting. You could do a fowlr and still have the clownfish and just not get the anenome. Clowns are fine without anemones.

Back
Top Bottom