Well, tell me how you really feel...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hsherman1986

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So, I look over at my tank, just before their nightly feeding of the good stuff (they get frozen food at night), and notice some thread like things hanging out of my firemouth's mouth. I get up to go take a closer look at whatever it was that he decided was yummy. I get right up to the tank, and he swims up to greet me (as normal), and that is when I notice that they are not fins (as I had already assumed), they were antennae! He had eaten one of my rhino shrimp WHOLE!!

Now, most would not be surprised by this, I mean, he is a cichlid after all. But he has lived in this tank with these shrimp since I got him in December, and he has not touched them. Now, the ghost shrimp (that were the same size, mind you) didn't stand a chance against him.

I just thought it was funny to see him swimming around with these antennae hanging out of his mouth, I wish I could have gotten a pic before he swallowed it, but hubby has the cam :( Just thought I'd share!

not too much of a loss, actually. They only cost me 15 cents each, and I have around 20 of them. But now I know he will eat them, hopefully he was just really hungry and he won't do it again.

Is it possible the shrimp died first? My Ghost Shrimp do fine, but when I see a dead one, the fish are going after them.

Back
Top Bottom