Well well O'dell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Tank Guy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I had posted recently when I first joined about acquiring two glass 55g tanks for $45. Well, they were in bad shape because they were used as reptile habitats so they were scratched up. I have worked on one with cerium oxide, spent over 10+ hours going over the inside with a rotary buffer. Some were fingernail catchers and they got removed via dedication. It's pretty spiffy now. Still some fine ones, but I won't probably touch them until I buy a brand new tank. glass is still thicker than a milkshake.

Anyways, I got to noticing a sticker on the bottom trim of the one I just got done with and it turns out to be an O'dell tank! I just realized I saved a piece of fish keeping history and restored it. IDK if it's true, but I've read some have sold for a couple of thousand. Because while they were a respected company and it was a common long 55g tank, many didn't last becasue they got broke from abuse and since the company is no more so it's like trying to find an old car part. Lol, gave me the idea of selling it off and getting a 400-600 gallon. I'll probably hold on to it though. I wish I could post some pics, but currently don't have a cam or phone on me. If you have an O'dell tank, cherish it.

Back
Top Bottom