What’s your favorite part about freshwater aquariums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Floop123

Aquarium Advice Freak
My favorite part is probably the host of creatures you can keep in your tanks, right in your home!

I like freshwater tanks because many freshwater tropical fish are tank raised. I'm not fond of taking fish from the wild, although there are exceptions, like cardinal tetras whose importation helps the local economy and environment. Saltwater fish are mainly taken from the wild and in some cases reefs are damaged or destroyed in the process.

There's nothing about my tank I don't like so I'ts hard to say, probably sitting back relaxing to the natural zen of my aquarium

I don't know what my favorite part is, but one thing I enjoy alot about aquariums is photographing the fish. Photography is my fav hobby and getting good aquarium pics is a challenge. A few years ago I managed to get an awesome shot of one of my White Clouds. To get a closeup of a fish that small, that moves constantly....was not easy. It took about 100 pics to get one perfectly in focus.

EKkGNhO.jpg

I like buying a small group of fish and filling up several other tanks with their offspring !
Can't do that with marine ! Getting a challenging fish to spawn ,and then raising the fry is very fulfilling to me...Heck breeding anything in the aquarium seems like a win to me !

I like most animals. I used to train, show and rescue horses and have always had dogs and cats and a parrot. I currently have the most awesome German Shepherd. Tropical fish can have such incredible personalities and I'd rather watch a tank full of fish than any television lol, sooo relaxing!

I don't know what my favorite part is, but one thing I enjoy alot about aquariums is photographing the fish. Photography is my fav hobby and getting good aquarium pics is a challenge. A few years ago I managed to get an awesome shot of one of my White Clouds. To get a closeup of a fish that small, that moves constantly....was not easy. It took about 100 pics to get one perfectly in focus.

EKkGNhO.jpg
Such a cool picture! I've been trying to get one decent picture of my angel fry but they are besting even the great iPhone lol! Their parents however are always front and center "posing" so they are easy ? And I love watching my angels spawn! I actually got to watch them lay eggs and fertilize them so that was pretty cool!

I love sitting there just staring at them and thinking about what their lives are like. They are such peaceful animals.

Back
Top Bottom