what additives do i add to my 35 gallon reef tank? (HELP)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

30_gallon_guy

Aquarium Advice Regular
iv recently started a 35 gallon reef tank. I put one pink finger leather coral , and a colt coral frag. Iv got one troqus snail and 30 colonista snails, and a bunch of amphipods runnin around. My question is what elements or minerals should i be adding (calcium ect). iv seen products from tropic marin (the pro coral mix), and iv seen esv. i would like to get a product that has a good mixture of what i need for coraline and for helping my softies flourish.
can anyone shed some light on what i need to be adding.
oh by the way i recently did a 10 % water change with instant oicean so i believe some of the elements were replaced with the salt mix.
thanks
greatly appreciated.
0X

You don't necessarily need to add anything and don't add anything you can't test for.

Water changes should take care of most if not all trace elements. IO is not the best salt for that but most get by. IO is normally low in Ca and Alk but again, until you get a test kit for these, don't add.

JMO

my uncle who previously had a 170 gallon reef (huge), he said i should add esv b-ionic calcium supplement. He said its the best product on the market.
any oppinions
0X

Bionic Ca is very good from what I have read but Ca and Alk kind of go hand in hand so you need to know what both levels are before adjusting them. Why add Ca if your levels are 420+ anyway.

Measure your Ca and Alk and then post back. There has been a lot of discussion on this board about Ca and Alk levels in the past. Do a search and read up. I still search alot and I have been at it awhile.

today i measured my KH and the result was 6 drops of reagent which means 60 Mg/L or ppm.
is this good/bad/in between??
and i measured my PH i think its aprox 8.0 colours are hard to tell.
let me know ellisz
what does all this mean. I think 60 ppm is low for alkilinity, get back to me.
0X

Back
Top Bottom